During 2017–18 our people travelled extensively throughout New South Wales, including metropolitan, regional and rural areas, to audit local and county councils under our new local government mandate.
Our cover for 2017-18 is of Orchard Hills, Penrith. The Audit Office reported to parliament on the audit of Penrith City Council for the first time in 2017-18.
Sections of our report also feature images from other New South Wales local government areas that we audited in 2017-18.
- Parliament – Port of Newcastle – Newcastle City Council
- Government entities, universities and councils – Parkes Observatory – Parkes Shire Council
- People – Bronte Beach – Waverley Council
- Profession – Anzac Bridge – City of Sydney Council
- Governance – Hayfields in Albury-Wodonga – Albury City Council
- Finances – Coogee Beach – Randwick City Council