- 92 per cent of parliamentarians agreed we operate independently from government.
- 89 per cent agreed we perform audits with integrity.
- 89 per cent agreed our reports and services help improve public sector administration.
- 87 per cent satisfied with the Audit Office’s reports and services.
- 92 per cent agreed our reports and services provide valuable information on public sector performance.
- 100 per cent of audits reported to parliament on time.
- 20 performance audits followed up by parliament’s Public Accounts Committee.
Overall satisfaction %
% satisfied or very satisfied
Survey not conducted in 2015
Find out more about parliament.
Government entities, universities and councils
- Overall performance index for performance audits 81.
- Overall CFO performance index for financial audits 76.
- 93 per cent of performance audit recommendations accepted.
- 95 per cent of financial audit recommendations accepted.
- 19 performance audits or compliance audits completed, including 3 under our new mandate to audit local government.
- 550 financial audits completed, including 139 under our new mandate to audit local government.
- 91 per cent of financial audit opinions issued within ten weeks.
Overall performance index
Aggregate performance indices
Find out more about government entities, universities and councils.
- 66 per cent staff satisfaction.
- 69 per cent staff engagement.
- 78 per cent of staff report reasonable to very high morale.
- 71 per cent of staff describe the Audit Office as ‘a great place to work’
- 12 per cent staff turnover.
- 58 per cent of middle management are women.
- 50 per cent of executive and senior leadership are women.
- 5 notifiable injuries and 2 new workers’ compensation claims.
- 5-star greenhouse building rating maintained.
Staff satisfaction %
Find out more about our people.
- 59 presentations made, 31 more than last year.
- 18 submissions made on proposed changes to accounting and auditing standards.
Find out more about our professional influence.
- The Audit Office received 1 formal GIPA access application.
- We received and examined 17 public interest disclosures.
- $0.7 million cumulative surplus (excluding superannuation adjustments) over a four year period, close to our break-even target.
- $0.2 million result for 2017–18 (excluding superannuation adjustments).
- 99 per cent of our creditors were paid on time.
Operating result 2017–18/$m
Find out more about our financial performance.
- Our costs compare favourably with other Australian audit offices.
- We benchmark ourselves against the national average for audit offices.
Total audit costs (excluding payroll tax) per $’000 of public sector transactions $
Total audit costs (excluding payroll tax) per $’000 of public sector assets $